Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Creativity and New Media


For my demonstration of how new media fosters creativity, I chose to create an avatar for Halloween in one of the most popular games in the world, Maplestory 2. This game features a virtual world with Minecraft block-like graphics and endless opportunities for creativity. Creating and designing an avatar is just a part of the game, as you can collect many different outfits as shown below.



In addition to outfits, you are also able to equip musical instruments and play a score that you can compose via the games musical composition interface! In this photo, I am playing Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin on the guitar!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin,
    I love your creative idea for halloween. I love that you can create and dress up your avator to represent your personality, kind of like ameba pico!

    ReplyDelete